My hubby makes the best grilled burgers
It was a lazy summer day without any plans other than to relax by the pool, so I made these Easy Homemade Hamburger Buns and my hubby grilled his incredible perfect burgers. He’s been making them for years, so I don’t need to reinvent the wheel and put my spin on them. Or, at least no yet.
How would you like your burger?
That’s the question one usually asks when grilling burgers for guests. One of my hubby’s favorite stories is from a time when his youngest daughter (who was in high school at the time) had a pool party. He grilled burgers, and I made Pasta Salad for her friends. He asked everyone how they like their burgers. I think everyone wanted them medium except one guest. She said, “burn it”. What? She reiterated, just when you think it’s done, keep cooking it”. She went on to mention that NOBODY ever cooks it long enough and so, she would understand if he didn’t either. He (against his better judgment) cooked that poor little beef patty until it barely resembled a hamburger as we know it anymore. But, much to her surprise (and his), she said it was the best burger she ever ate! I’m pretty sure Pepé just passed out from the thought of it, but you don’t have to overcook your burgers unless you want to, and I really don’t recommend it either.
Best Homemade Grilled Burgers
- 1.34 Pounds Ground Chuck or something not too lean
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands (please wash hands first).
- Divide equally (this was divided into fifths). (these each weighed about 4.5 ounces)
- Roll into balls then flatten into patties much bigger than your buns so when they shrink during grilling process, they don’t end up too small. These are about 5 inches (12.7 cm) in diameter and about 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) thick.
- Get a hot grill going (high to med/high). Place burgers on grill and watch the edges for doneness before flipping.
- They will take about 2 minutes per side on a really hot grill.
- Add your cheese to the burgers while they are still on grill and add your buns to the grill to toast them near the last minute or two.
- Assemble with your favorite toppings and enjoy.