Easy Chicken Stock
Make this chicken stock while your dreaming and wake the the smell of something amazing!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time16 hrs
Total Time16 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 Cups
- 1 Chicken Carcass (chicken stripped off of the bones)
- Chicken giblets (optional)
- 1 Small Onion (cut into quarters)
- 3 Celery Stalks (cut into thirds and add the leaves if you have them)
- 2 Large Carrots (or 3 medium cut into halves or thirds)
- 4 Whole garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Corns (or ground pepper)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Cups water (or more if needed to cover ingredients)
Place chicken carcass in a Crockpot. Add all other ingredients.
Add enough water to cover everything.
Put lid on Crockpot and turn Crockpot on low. Cook for 12 to 16 hours. Let cool.
Strain in a fine sieve to remove all the large chunks. (This is why I use peppercorns instead of ground pepper).
Measure in 1 or 2 cup increments and put into resealable bags and freeze. Or, I like to use these large ice cube trays that hold 1/3 cup each.
If using the trays, after they’re frozen I pop out the cubes and put them into a gallon size resealable bag.